- Our product has exceptional quality standards, and to prove it we have the longest return policy of anyone in the market (3 X longer than our competitor’s policy). A full 45 days to make sure you’re 100% happy, or your money back. Our tents also come with a 5 Warranty. We are BBB accredited and maintain a perfect rating. We consistently have 5 star reviews on all market places. We use canvas sourced in the USA and sew repairs and modifications in our public shop in Phoenix, Arizona. Stop in and see us sometime.
- We offer rentals! We know what a big purchase this can be. If you haven’t seen one in person, consider renting one of our tents. We’ll even apply your rental charges towards your purchase.
- All our tents are made with high quality bug screened doors and windows sewn in. Who would want to share their tent with critters? You still have the all of the canvas storm doors, and canvas zipped window shutters, but you don’t have to add any after market bug screens or parts. Purchase a swatch kit to see just how high quality our canvas and netting is.
- Our models have sidewalls that unzip, and roll-up. We may add a more economical option with a sewn-in groundsheet down the road, but for now, we only offer the deluxe features.
- Our models have a velcro stove fly, so that you have the option of a wood burning stove, should you ever need one. We never recommend cutting your own stove jack, you’ll ruin your tent.
- We are the only Bell Tent retailer that sews in their shop daily. We do all repairs and customizations here in our shop in Phoenix, Arizona. We frequently add customized stove jacks for customers, velcro flys for AC units for Burning Man attendees, and make specialized groundsheets and customized awnings, just to give you a few examples of what we are capable of doing. We often repair other brand’s tents, especially zippers which is why we never use nylon coil zippers on our tent doors! We also love sending out Swatch Kits so that you can feel all of the canvases we use with your own hands.
- We are Veteran owned and operated.
- Here’s a link to a comparison page for more details.
We process orders within 1 business day. We ship FedEx ground (3-5 day) and for regional deliveries OnTrac (1-2 days). Shipping is free in the continental US, and we have extremely competitive international rates. We offer expedited shipping upgrades as well, and we can overnight across the country if you need us to. As soon as we ship, you’ll receive an auto generated email with a tracking number and shipping updates. We do not require a signature upon delivery by default, but if you want us to require one for your delivery, just leave us a note at checkout.
Yes, contact email@example.com to discuss details. We love to hear about special projects, and hold a special place in our hearts for non-profits. We have been able to help out quite a few NGO’s both in and out of the United States. Here is a video that shows off our tents in Mexico where they are setup for students cataloging new species of animals and insects. This group is headed for an orphanage in Africa that uses these tents to host guests and students in outdoor learning projects. (Pic of tents on baggage carts at airport) Another favorite is a picture of a farm camp up in IL where students stay during the Summer. (Pic of Nature’s Farm Camp). Would you like your project shared here? Send us an email!
We have Wholesale pricing starting at 3+ tents, with increasing price breaks up to 100+ tents. We have wholesale clients in over 8 countries, and all across the United States. Fill us in on what your project needs are and we can help guide you towards a model and maintenance plan that will get you setup in the best way possible. We like to chat with our wholesale clients in depth about their environmental challenges so that we can cover any concerns and make specific recommendations. Event use is much different than a hotel extension. To learn more about Wholesale, give us a call (602-845-0609) or send us a note firstname.lastname@example.org
Canvas has a much longer life-span than nylon or polyester. Canvas can be re-treated for waterproofing, fireproofing, or UV agents. It is also very breathable, which keeps moisture out of the tent, prevents condensation, and keeps it from being stuffy. Canvas can be heavy, but the tradeoff is that it is sturdy and has a long lifespan. Plus, who doesn’t love that timeless romantic feel?
The conical design leaves no flat areas vulnerable to high winds, or for rain to collect. The bell tent (aka: Sibley tent) was an adaptation to the Native American tipi.
Our tents perform well in high winds. When rigged correctly, you will stand tall in 60mph winds. We send our tents out with sturdy rebar stakes, and make our groundsheet with D-rings so that you can use whatever stakes you would like and are not limited to small stakes because of a small metal grommet.
Yes, in addition to the natural water resistance that canvas offers, our tents have been treated with a well respected waterproofing process. You will see water bead up on the canvas, and you will stay dry even in the harshest weather. Our tents also do well in the snow.
Our canvas has been lab tested and certified as compliant with CPAI-84, California’s stringent fireproof requirements.
All our tents come with Zipped in groundsheets (ZIG).
- You can un-zip and catch a breeze.
- The top looks cool suspended in air.
- Way easier to sweep out, or even hose out the groundsheet without getting soil/water on the canvas.
- You can switch out groundsheets to one of our light-weight nylon footprints.
- You could store the groundsheet and canvas separately to lighten the total weight.
- If you don’t take care of the zipper, it could get damaged.
- If you have higher than 4.25 inches of rain or snow it could seep through the zipper (although the zipper is covered with a canvas flap to protect you from downwards rain).
- Less room for possible malfunctions.
- Less chance of water coming in through zipper in waters higher than 4.25 inches.
- Harder to clean out.
- Can’t catch a breeze.
- Can’t store the groundsheet and canvas separately.
- Can’t ever switch out groundsheets.
I’m trying to compare Stout Tent specs to European re-seller specs, but the metric system is tricky.
130 gsm = 3.83 oz 180 gsm = 6.95 oz 260 gsm = 7.6 oz 320 gsm = 9.5 oz
**This is the weight of our canvas**
597 gsm = 17.6 oz
**This is the weight of our groundsheet**
We believe that we offer the best meeting point for sturdiness of the canvas and overall physical weight of the tent. You can do a lighter canvas, and save overall weight but you may not have the stoutness necessary, and conversely, you could buy a heavier weight canvas, but may lose breathability, flexibility, and overall easiness to maneuver.
We often get asked about colored tents but we haven’t yet found a canvas that doesn’t fade to pink. Stout Tent prides itself on quality and won’t comprise the integrity of our canvas. We have tried manufacturing colored tents similar to other colored tents available on the market but found they faded to pink within 6 months! We know your bell tent is an investment and when you order with Stout Tent we ensure you are getting the highest quality and most durable canvas available.
No! We include full-color instructions with pictures. There are 3 basic steps: Stake the groundsheet, insert the pole, stake the sidewalls with guy ropes! Less than 15 minutes for a repeat pitch!
Click here for the video: SETUP INSTRUCTIONS.
Maintenance needs vary with environment, amount of time used, and purpose. We include a handout with each purchase that outlines the best practices for keeping your tent in tip-top shape. If you have some rather extreme circumstances, contact us for a personalized maintenance plan.
We don’t recommend it, however, we have customers that do. In rainier situations, be prepared to re-waterproof your tent with our recommended eco-friendly agent, every so often (3-6 months depending on volume of water recived). We can’t provide warranty for tents that are being lived in because constant exposure requires more maintenance and we have no way of assuring that the correct maintenance was performed. However, if you are planning to live in your tent, call us and we’ll help you come up with a personalized maintenance plan based on your location to keep you in the best shape possible for your use level. We’re also here if you ever need a repair or customization.
Yes, the groundsheet comes zipped to the canvas side walls so that you have the option of unzipping and rolling up the sides if you want to.
Yes, in addition to four vents in the top of the tent, each tent includes a wood-burning stove fly. We sell the Anevay Frontier Stove and are happy to help with other stove recommendations.
This is a picture of our 5000 tent all packaged up. 16.5 feet of tent into a solid little canvas bag. Those are four year olds for size reference.
Yes! If you are in Arizona, give us a call, and come by our shop in Phoenix. If you are out of state, try a rental tent, and you can apply your Rental Fee towards your future purchase! Remember that you can also order a swatch kit and feel all of our canvas types, pour water on them, etc. to see how they perform.