Stout Bell Tent – Overland 5000 Sunforger (R)
Free shipping, Easy returns, Lifetime warranty!
The Overland Sunforger is our most durable tent. It is made with 10.10 oz./340 gsm double-weave marine duck canvas. The Overland Sunforger comes with a built-in 3-6″ adjustable stove jack, our signature 24″ secondary mesh sidewall, and YKK zippers. Hunters, adventurers, and overlanders now have the answer for a true base camp bell tent. Check out some of the top features below, and for more information, head to the details tab.
- Setup can be completed in 15 minutes by one person.
- Entirely double-stitch sewn, with triple reinforcement of pressure points. More stitches per inch than other canvas tents.
- 100% natural cotton Sunforger canvas, sourced here in the U.S.
- YKK #10 zippers at the entrance
- Heavy-duty ripstop PVC waterproof, zipped-in groundsheet.
- Bug-netted secondary doors are sewn in behind the canvas outer doors. You can close one set or both.
- Two protected pass-throughs for power cords into the tent without affecting waterproofing.
- Stove Jack, adjustable from 3” to 6” (learn how here!), with an 8” x 8” canvas cover with Velcro access and 8.7″ silicone flashing kit.
- Learn more here!
The most durable of our tents, the Overland Sunforger is designed to handle whatever weather heads your way, without sacrificing an ounce of beauty.
- Extra high-quality setup components, with rebar stakes and thick reflective ropes.
- 66” tall A-frame entrance creates a barrier from rain coming through the door.
- 24” sidewalls unzip from groundsheet and roll-up then toggle secure for breathability and easy cleaning.
- No additional parts are needed for setup.
- Headquartered in Vermont: We’re only a phone call away for any questions you might have. Reach us anytime between 9-5 EST. We love chatting with our customers.
There is no question, Stout Tents are the highest quality canvas tent on the market. We build hardwearing, strong tents and work hard to provide the best customer service. As leaders in the market, we stand behind our product with a lifetime warranty.
|Square feet||201 sq. ft.|
|Packed dimensions||42″ x 12″ x 12″|
|Shipping weight||95 lbs.|
|Center pole height||9’9″|
|Canvas type||10.10 oz./340 gsm marine boat shrunk, double weave, Army Duck canvas|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
4M = 8′ tall
5M = 10′ tall
(Room for larger stakes! No junky grommets!)
Jacqueline (verified owner) –
I was fortunate enough to speak to Kateland Stout during my phone inquire. Her family business is a success because she doesn’t like the phone calls to go to the ‘answering machine’ even if she has her children running around in the office! Now that is dedication!
I will get free shipping and can’t wait to take this beautiful tent to Burning Man 2016! I will be sure and send a review about my experience! This is going to be the BEST Burn ever!
Thank you Stout family and lovely Kateland
Jacqueline (aka Valkyrie)
South Lake Tahoe, Ca
Caitlyn Stout –
Thanks Jacqueline! It was so nice speaking to you! 🙂
Jenni (verified owner) –
We love our overlander tent. We bought it about 3 years ago and have used it several times. The bathtub floor has a couple holes in a crease where we didn’t fold it properly, but that was user error. The bathtub floor is great, we accidentally put it in a low spot once and it made it through the flooding until it went over the bathtub portion and then we got water, but it made it through every other rainstorm without any issues, so that was just bad placement on our part. We were basically in a stream! It is heavy duty, no screens or zippers have broken despite having our small children and their friends using it as well. We put a queen mattress, two twins and a cot plus all of our luggage in it easily, even the xxl dog kennel once (minus the cot). We also have the awning which is awesome for extra dry storage and shade. We recommend your tent and awesome company (with great customer service) to anyone who asks!
Craig Edwards (verified owner) –
I just returned home after a 10 day trip into the wilds of upper Wisconsin. I own the Sunforger 5000 16ft Bell Tent with the standard awning. As retired Army, I know good, heavy canvas and this tent is that and more. Twice we had high winds and storms and it didn’t budge nor leak……Not 1 drop. The zip out sidewalls to expose the bug netting clear around was a stroke of genius that kept the heat down on hot days by allowing for cross winds regardless of its direction. Very, Very satisfied with my purchase….
Thank you Stout Tent and Carolyn Stout for manufacturing a truly superior tent
Stefani Chan (verified owner) –
Amazing customer service, super responsive, answered all my questions (I had many!) and helped guide me to choose the best tent for our property. We haven’t had a chance to set the tent up yet, but I would absolutely choose Stout again based on their custom service. I’m confident that if there any issues at all, that they would work with me to help resolve them, and that alone has my confidence in the product!
outdoors717 (verified owner) –
Just in one word. Awesome. We put it through the ringer. Use as a base camp in NW Montana. Hot or cold. Rain or snow, it continues to serve us well. An awning is a nice addition, as well as a sunshade for hot times of the year. Floor is commercial grade, and heavy duty.
From a tenter and outdoors person for 45 years this is a quality product, and the know how of the people that sell the product is very impressive.
Make it in a 6 meter and I will order another.
Rebecca Carey –
Thank you! We are so glad it worked out so well for you!