Hot, Humid Climates (like the US Southeast)
Camping Redefined, Southern Comfort Reimagined.
Water-proof, fire-proof, and designed for durability.
Stout Tent Standout Features:
- 100% natural, waterproof canvas
- Rip-stop, zip-in, PVC groundsheet- tub style
- 24″ sidewalls that roll up
- Double wall option – secondary, mesh sidewall
- A-frame doorway with secondary mesh door
- Reflective guylines and metal sliders
- Rebar stakes
- Stainless steel D-rings that don’t rust or break like grommets
- Power cord pass-throughs
- Built-in AC port
Our Top Picks for Hot, Humid Climates:
In humid environments, mold will always be the biggest challenge in keeping your tent in tip-top shape. Ventilation and keeping your tent dry is the best way to prevent mold. Fortunately, our double-wall tents feature a 360-degree secondary mesh wall that facilitates ample airflow.
Expert Tip: The Stargazer isn’t ideal for long-term use in humid conditions due to its non-breathable PVC roof panels. However, we have found it is great for shorter stays because its two A-frame doors create a nice breeze that compensates for the less breathable roof.
Designed to brave the elements, our Pro Series tents boast a thicker canvas, fireproofing, and an adjustable stove jack for unmatched durability. Withstanding inclement weather with ease, this tent is a fortress against the elements with the added bonus of being power-wash-friendly.
The Pro series also offers two tent models that feature two A-frame doors for added airflow.
Pro Series Tent Features:
- All Stout Tent Standout Features
- 15-minute set up by one person
- Lifetime Warranty
- Canvas treated for waterproofing, fireproofing and mold-resistance
- Durable, single-weave, 10.06 oz, 100% cotton canvas
- Built-in 3-6 in adjustable stove jack
- 4M (13 ft), 132 sq. ft. of floor space, 8.3 ft. center pole, 5 ft. tall entrance
- 5M (16 ft), 212 sq. ft. of floor space, 10 ft. center pole, 5 1/2 ft. tall entrance
- 6M (20 ft), 300 sq. ft of floor space, 11 ft. 4 in. center pole, TWO 6 ft. tall entrances
- 5M (16 ft.) Stargazer, 212 sq. ft. of floor space, 10 ft. center pole, TWO 5 1/2 ft. tall entrances, 12 PVC window roof panels
Our Best Accessories for Hot, Humid Climates:
We strongly recommend using a groundsheet in any climate to protect your canvas floor from punctures and abrasions. The groundsheet will also keep your tent cleaner and drier, which helps prevent mold from growing during storage. The Footprint is a small investment that goes a long way in prolonging the life of your tent.
If the UV Index is moderate or higher (5+) in your climate, protecting your tent with a sunshade will significantly increase your tent’s longevity. The sunshade is constructed from heavy-duty, high-density polyethylene woven fabric, designed to filter UV rays, protecting the canvas while allowing for breathability and heat to transfer out of your tent. It even cools the inside of your tent by about 10 degrees and offers protection against things like bird droppings, dust, and tree sap. The sunshade is a must for tent owners in the Southeast during the summer!
A rainfly is essential in prolonged rainy conditions. When your tent is soaked, its waterproofing loses effectiveness, making it feel like a sauna. Additionally, a rainfly protects the canvas from mold and extends its lifespan.
Expert Tip: In climates with a high UV index and consistent rainfall, we recommend simultaneously using a rainfly and sunshade on the tent. This protects the rainfly from UV damage (which ravages poly/nylon fabrics) and reduces the heat inside the tent.
How can you know that Stout Tent knows what they're talking about when it comes to canvas...
Is Your Canvas Tent Leaking? Don't worry! We haven’t met a leak in any of our...
Stout Tent canvas is treated to be both waterproof and mold resistant. Still, your tent needs...
3 WAYS TO HEAT YOUR CANVAS TENT There are a few different ways to heat a canvas tent and we're...
How to Prevent Tent Condensation Some people think that tent condensation happens to everyone....